ECP Plastic Trays specializes in wide range of Custom Plastic Trays to cover just about every application need you can think of. Our custom thermoformed plastic trays include anything from ESD Trays, Large Plastic Trays & Large Drip Pans to Custom Disposable Trays, Reusable Shipping, Custom Material Handling Trays and more!
Custom Tray Types
- Shipping Trays – Styrene and PVC are the least expensive options.
- ESD Trays – Trays can be made disposable for shipping or reusable in anti-static, ESD, or conductive materials.
- Reusable Trays – These trays can be for storage, plant handling or can ship on skids to and from a vendor.
Custom Tray Design
- Free quote. This involves a review of the application, key design requirements, and tray function. Specific design process will be noted in estimate.
- With PO, drawing is created for approval. This step helps insure the tray meets expectations and serves as an opportunity to make adjustments and or changes to design.
- Mini Cavity Sample. We build a tray with only a few cavities in most custom tray projects. This is a good and inexpensive test of part-cavity fit, and stacking. Changes can be made after this step.
- Full size prototype. This step can be added if any specifications require a full size tray for package testing or for evaluation.
- Production Tooling is built and first article submitted for final approval.
Custom Tray Lead Time
Timing for custom trays vary depending on a number of factors. On the low end 2-4 weeks ARO if project is basic and low volume. Typical lead time is 5-6 weeks. If changes are made during the design process this time can increase. Complex tools or higher volume items can have lead times as high as 10-12 weeks.